8-10 on-vine tomatoes, diced
3 cloves garlic
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
French or Italian bread slices
Black olive slices
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Slice the bread into 1-inch slices. If you’re working with a large loaf, you’ll then want to halve each slice again. Brush one side of each slice with extra-virgin olive oil. Place the slices oiled side down on a cooking sheet, and toast them in the oven until golden brown.
4. Top each bruschetta with the tomato mixture, olives and garnish with any left over basil leaves. Don’t top too far ahead of serving, as the bread may get soggy.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time permanent Assistant Store Manager. Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will be trained to take care of the end-to-end operation of the store.
Responsibilities of Assistant Store Managers include but not limited to the followings:
1. Assists the Store Manager to plan, organize, direct and execute activities related to produce display, receiving, daily operations …etc of Kin’s Farm retail stores and to create a good customer experience.
2. Provides guidance to employees queries related to the operation and safety of the workplace.
3. Participates in hiring, training and reviewing of new hires; supervises employees in accordance to Kin’s ways of operations.
4. Prepares employee work schedules according to company standards and individual store needs.
5. Provides timely response to head office and participates in company meetings, including e.g. store management meetings, general meetings at head office, mall meetings.
6. Works closely with Head Office and Store Team on marketing, promoting and selling of Kin’s products.
7. Maintains inventory level, spoilage, supplies according to company standards. Monitor and maintain maintenance log records.
8. Maintains the sanitation and cleanliness of the store and office areas.
Ideal applicants should possess the following qualifications:
1. Reliable, hard working, motivated with a “can do” attitude
2. Honest and customer service oriented
3. Be prepared to roll up their sleeves, learn the basics and get things done, some heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and hands-on dealing with produce is required
4. Be flexible to work in shifts, including weekends and evening hours
5. Able to understand and communicate well in English
6. Willing to relocate to any assigned store located in lower mainland, if necessary
7. Some supervisory and retail experience would be an asset
We offer all successful applicants a paid learning program, competitive compensation and benefit package.
If you would like to flex your muscles and be part of the Kin’s family, please email your resume to HR@kinsfarmmarket.com
Please quote “AM- TBAT” in the subject line.
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 1/2 cups carrots, grated
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 lemon, zested
1 small orange, juiced and zested
3/4 cup raisins (soaked in juice from orange)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream cheese icing (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Whisk together eggs, sugar and orange and lemon zests in a bowl, until pale and airy. Add the grated carrots and blend well. Mix in the spices, baking soda, salt and flour, then add the raisins and pecans (if desired) and any left over orange juice.
3. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased pan, and bake for 40 minutes. After the cake is cooked and cooled, top with cream cheese icing if desired.
2 large avocados (ripe)
1/2 cup of salad shrimp
2 tablespoons of sour cream
2 tablespoons of mayo
Juice from half of a lemon
Pinch of dill
Pinch of paprika
Mix shrimp, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, and paprika; add salt if shrimp is unsalted.
Half the avocados and remove their pits.
Separate the mixture into 4 equal portions and place them on top of the avocado halves.
Tip – adjust the amount of sour cream, mayo, and seasoning to your liking.