- Green Fighters
- About Green Fighters
- Past Contestants
2 heads of garlic
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350° F. Cut the top off the heads of garlic, and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake for about 1 hour (until tender).
2) Unwrap the garlic, and let cool. Squeeze out the cloves into a food processor, then blend together with the remaining ingredients.
3) Serve chilled with fresh veggies!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cups eggnog
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
powdered sugar, for garnish
2 cups apples
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog and butter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until everything is combined. (Batter will still be lumpy).
3. Preheat a waffle maker. Pour the batter into the waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
4. Garnish with powdered sugar and serve with compote.
1. Place apples, cranberries and juice in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat and use a wooden spoon to mash fruits.
3. Add in brown sugar and ground cinnamon, mix until everything is combined.
4. Continue to cook for 10-12 minutes on medium to low heat.
5. Transfer compote to bowl and serve warm.
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup cornmeal
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 ears of fresh corn (kernels cut off the cob)
1 cup plain yogurt
¼ cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and corn kernels.
3) In a smaller bowl, mix together the yogurt, milk, oil and eggs. Combine with the dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
4) Line muffin tins with paper liners, then fill each cup about ¾ full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Beat eggs, one at a time. Add mashed bananas, milk and vanilla and beat until everything is well combined. Add flour mixture into the bowl and beat at low speed until flour is incorporated. If nuts are desired, fold in chopped hazelnuts until everything is combined into the mixture.
4. In a small bowl, heat the chocolate hazelnut spread for 15 seconds. Stir to evenly mix heated spread. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Chocolate Hazelnut spread and stir until well mixed.
5. Spoon the chocolate hazelnut batter alternately with banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. When finished, let the pan cool for at least 15 minutes and then remove loaf
from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
11/4 cups strawberries
1 cup light condensed milk
3 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
1. Roughly chop half the strawberries and purée the rest in a food processor or blender.
2. In a big bowl, stir the condensed milk into the puréed strawberries then gently stir in the yogurt. Add in the chopped strawberries and combine everything until well mixed.
3. Place the mixture into a tin or container, wrap well in baking film and freeze overnight or until solid. Remove from freezer about 5-10 mins before you want to serve.
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 pound large strawberries (about 20), washed and dried well
1. Place chocolate in a bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally, until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Dip each strawberry in chocolate, one at a time.
3. Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries at least 30 minutes to set chocolate
1 9” pie crust
¼ cup butter, cubed
1 bunch fresh asparagus, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
¼ tsp oregano
Salt and pepper
Yields 8 Servings
1. In a large skillet, sauté the asparagus, onion and mushrooms in butter. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, parsley, and oregano. Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper and then stir in the asparagus mixture and cooked chicken breast. Mix together until everything is well combined.
2. Pour the mixture into crust and bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
1 lb white cap mushrooms, stem removed, sliced
1/4 lb oyster mushrooms, sliced
1/4 lb portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups cooked chicken meat, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup bacon
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
1. Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan. Cook in mushrooms, bacon, and onion, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine. Add in chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until it
thickens. Add in the chicken, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the mixture from heat and stir in Parsley. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Lightly grease 4 x 1 1/4-cup capacity ramekins. Using tops of ramekins as a guide, cut 2 rounds from each pastry sheet. Divide chicken mixture between ramekins. Place pastry circles
on top of the chicken mixture and seal the edges with a fork. Brush the surface with the beaten egg. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
3/4 stick of butter, room temperature\
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup grated mozzarella
3 tbsp. chopped parsely
Salt and pepper
1 round French country loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat the butter and garlic, then mix in the cheese, and parsley. Cut the bread in half crossways through the centre.
3. Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of both bread halves. Wrap each half loosely in foil and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, unwrap the foil, season with salt and pepper and bake a further 10-15 minutes until starting to turn pale golden.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
3/4 unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Fold in carrots and pineapple and walnuts into the mixture. Gradually add in dry ingredients to butter mixture mixing until everything is well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes on wire rack before frosting.
5. Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract using an electric mixer until everything is smooth.
6. Frost cupcake with cream cheese icing and finish with ground walnuts (optional).