- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups eggnog
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- For Compote:
- 2 cups apples
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog and butter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until everything is combined. (Batter will still be lumpy).
- Preheat a waffle maker. Pour the batter into the waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and serve with compote.
- Place apples, cranberries and juice in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and use a wooden spoon to mash fruits.
- Add in brown sugar and ground cinnamon, mix until everything is combined.
- Continue to cook for 10-12 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Transfer compote to bowl and serve warm.