Growing Chefs! Chefs for Children’s Urban Agriculture is a registered charity, based in Vancouver, B.C. Their mission is to educate children, families, and community members about healthy eating and healthy food systems.
- Put chef volunteers into elementary schools to teach kids about growing and cooking their food.
- Support and encourage the development and growth of urban agriculture.
- Provide an avenue for chefs and growers to engage in the community and to support food sustainability.
- Provide children with hands-on experience growing and cooking their own food.
- Inspire children with the idea that they can grow their own food, even in the city.
Kin’s is sponsoring 1 classroom in Spring 2017 in the “adopt-a-classroom” program.*
*The funds go towards gardening and cooking equipment, educational materials, produce, transportation, training, and staff hours