Back to Articles
Kale, Potato, & Sausage Soup
- 1 ½ lbs Italian sausage
- 2 ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 potatoes, chopped small
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup cream
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the sausage on medium-high heat until fully cooked, then remove from the pan, draining the excess grease.
- Using the same pan, sauté the onions until they turn translucent, then add the garlic.
- Stir in the chicken stock, water and potatoes. Simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- Add cooked sausage, kale and cream to the pan. Simmer for about 5 minutes (or until heated through).