At Kin’s Farm Market, we strive to be a leader in specialty produce through a family team environment by delivering freshness, providing unique customer service, promoting healthy lifestyles, and providing rewarding careers. With over 30 years in the produce industry, and 21 locations in the Lower Mainland, we are constantly growing and expanding!
Our Denman (Vancouver, BC) store is currently hiring an enthusiastic Sales Associate to join our team.
Ideal candidates must have a flexible schedule. The responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains the company and store image according to Kin’s policies and procedures
• Greets customers and creates a friendly shopping atmosphere
• Provides information to customers and answers their questions and inquiries about products, procedures or policies
• Operates cash registers, point of sale equipment and other equipment for processing transactions
• Ensures displays are full at all times and shelves are stocked with good quality products in all sections.
• Promotes products, such as seasonal items or specials, by performing product promotions to customers through sampling (and cooking demonstration, if required) and closes the sale
• Resolves problems that arise such as customer complaints and supply shortages
• Receives, unloads and unpacks products and counts, weighs and sorts them according to company receiving procedures
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum 1 year of customer service experience in a retail environment (preferably)
• Well organized with attention to details
• Able to interact with customers in a friendly and cheerful manner
• Able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Lift 50 lbs. boxes periodically throughout the day
• Food Safe Training is an asset
A career with Kin’s means working in a fun and friendly team-oriented atmosphere, with career advancement opportunities across our 25 locations.
We offer a competitive wage, career advancement opportunities, vacation pay, and employee discounts and perks!