Assistant Manager – Store
- Competitive salary, benefits and eligibility for the Kin’s bonus program
- 20% discount at all Kin’s Farm Market store locations
- 100% coverage for Extended Health and Dental Benefits after qualifying period
- Continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
Kin’s Farm Market’s success depends on the knowledge, experience and motivation of the people who work for us. This is why having a great Store Team is invaluable to delivering “freshness” to our customers.
As an Assistant Manager, you are responsible for assisting the Store Manager in leading, planning, and empowering staff members to achieve the desired goals of the company and to create a great experience for our customers. The Assistant Manager motivates and maintains a positive working environment to achieve targets while living the company values. This position is responsible for training, supervising and coordinating the activities of Sales Associates, opening and closing the store, providing customer service, increasing productivity, ensuring store tasks and activities are conducted in a safe and effective manner and optimizing running costs.
As an Assistant Manager, you will…
- Assists the Store Manager to plan, organize, direct and execute activities related to produce display, receiving, daily operations, etc. of Kin’s Farm Market stores order to create a great customer experience.
- Provides guidance to employees’ queries related to the operation and safety of the workplace.
- Participates in hiring, training and reviewing of new hires; supervises employees in accordance to Kin’s Farm Market’s policies and procedures for operations.
- Prepares employee work schedules according to company standards and individual store needs.
- Works closely with Head Office and Store Team on marketing, promoting and selling of Kin’s Farm Market products.
- Maintains inventory level, spoilage, supplies according to company standards. Monitor and maintain maintenance log records.
- Maintains the sanitation and cleanliness of the store and office areas
- Maintains the company and store image according to Kin’s policies and procedures
- Promotes products, such as seasonal items or specials, by performing product promotions to customers through sampling (and cooking demonstration, if required) and closes the sale
- Resolves problems that arise such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Balances the till at the end of the shift and prepares reports regarding cash balances
- Maintains the accuracy of the store’s daily sales record and cash balance (including money in the safe and change box) and minimizes cash shortages
- Receives, unloads and unpacks products and counts, weighs and sorts them according to company receiving procedures
- Ensures displays are full at all times and shelves are stocked with good quality products in all sections
- Maintains inventory of store supplies within budget to ensure supplies are sufficiently equipped for the sales floor
You are passionate about…
- Leading by example – coaching, mentoring and energizing team members to improve
- Communication – building trusting relationships and getting buy-in from team members
- Having fun – we work hard “to inspire a better quality of life in our communities”
What we need…
- Must be able available for shift work – 5 days per week
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience in a managerial role
- A diploma or degree would be an asset
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams consisting of 10 to 20 individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure, have great attention to detail, and have the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- First Aid training is considered an asset
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Able to motivate and coach employees
- Able to interact with customers in a friendly and cheerful manner
- Able to lift 30 to 50 pound boxes periodically throughout the day
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Willing to relocate to any assigned store located in the lower mainland if necessary
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Completion of secondary school education
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Food Safe Training is an asset
- Valid First Aid Certification is an asset
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a strong team orientation.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative.
All team members are eligible for the Kin’s Profit-sharing Bonus Program and we offer an employee discount on our delicious and healthy products!
Join our family team! Apply today.