Are you looking for a challenge? Do you enjoy helping people? Does “inspiring a better quality of life in our communities” resonate with your values?
If these statements connect with who you are, then Greenfield Produce Ltd. may be the perfect fit for you. We are looking for a…
Quality Control Coordinator to join our team!
Greenfield Produce Ltd.’s success depends on the knowledge, experience, and motivation of the people who work for us. This is why having a Quality Control Coordinator is invaluable to delivering “freshness” to our customers and in turn serving the community.
You are passionate about:
Customer service – internal and external.
“Inspiring a better quality of life in our communities”.
Team Work – Having fun and energizing fellow team mates to promote healthy lifestyles.
As a Quality Control Coordinator, you will:
Follow and guide subordinates to apply Kin’s Farm Market’s Purpose, Mission, Core Values, Company Policies and Regulations.
- Safety and Quality Food Standards:
- Responsible for food safety and quality through the enforcement and promotion of CanadaGAP Programs.
- Develop, implement, and update HACCP and CanadaGAP programs.
- Initiate and coordinate HACCP Validation exercises.
- Train Warehouse personnel on requirements of CanadaGAP and related programs in coordination with reviewing and monitoring deviations.
- Monitor warehouse CanadaGAP activities and other in-process documentation to ensure compliance with HACCP, CanadaGAP, and SOPs.
- Inspect incoming produces/records, in-process procedures/flow, produce packaging received – troubleshoot issues for produce and follow up with buyer/supplier. Issue supplier non-conformances, as required.
- Record and interpret the testing results.
- Conduct Safety/Quality Control and facility inspection audits to ensure compliance.
- Collect data and investigate customer complaints, create, and analyze trend reports.
- Maintain records of test logs, audits, and other quality procedures to ensure availability of accurate information.
- Assist CFIA Inspector when microbiology sampling and retrieving documentation is requested.
- Assist with customer complaint investigations and escalate where required, and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Manage and ensure proper documentation for master cleaning schedule and other sanitation programs.
- Monitor sanitation schedule for weekly/monthly/quarterly sanitation requirements, follow up with sanitation crew to ensure completion, record, and interpret results.
- Collaborate and work closely with all of warehouse staff and the buyers.
- Consistent oversight of warehouse processes which affect the quality of product and update HACCP accordingly.
- Prepare documentation and apply for regulatory permit/certificates/documentation required for CanadaGAP and CFIA.
- Participate in 3rd party (CanadaGAP, HACCP, and CFIA) audits.
- Warehouse related operations and Canada GAP:
- Ensure compliance with all specific regulatory requirements (CanadaGAP, CFIA), Health & Safety, and company policies. Conduct relevant physical and biochemical testing on produce.
- Supervise subordinates and operations in such a manner that employee’s morale and productivity is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Pre-operational sanitation check.
- Shipping/Receiving: Monitor and ensure produce received/shipped and in the inventory are in compliance to specifications. Monitor and verify routinely all aspects of receiving and inventory control; take corrective actions when necessary.
- Help the Receiver with counting, labeling, and moving skids when required.
- Investigation and reconciliation of inventory discrepancies.
- Arrange cooler/freezer/warehouse storage in accordance with warehouse needs.
- Traceability control: Review labels and produce documentation prior to their release into inventory. Evaluate labels and packed produce received to ensure conformance to standards and specifications.
- QCC Hold/Release: Conduct in-process quality control checks, sampling, monitoring, and inventory inspection as required.
- Monitor freezer and cooler temperatures.
- Calibrate thermometers and weight scales.
- Supervise personnel in cleaning and sanitation.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of HACCP program and CanadaGAP: sanitation, pest control, sampling, microbiological and chemical food safety, hygiene, product specification, in-house SOPs. Work on stability studies and perform micro testing.
- Troubleshoot quality control issues that deal with warehouse and procurement using defined processes as well as brainstorm with the team, providing suggestions for solutions that contain the appropriate levels of risk.
- Perform tasks assigned by the Operations Manager, Logistics in relation to warehouse processes, system audits, and other relevant tasks.
- Generate reports on process deviations and process failures; assisting in investigations and development of solutions.
- Assist in the development and organization of written SOPs and in-house quality programs.
- Assist in the implementation SOPs.
- Assist with Maintenance program building.
- Warehouse related paperwork and following monitoring tasks:
Proper recording and preserving produce and personnel reports in the warehouse as the following, but not limited to, and require careful attention at all times:
- Daily Receiving List.
- Distribution Data.
- QC Daily Report.
- Store Claims.
- Warehouse Receiving Log.
- Daily Produce Inventory Update.
- Performance Appraisal.
- Acknowledging and responding receiving emails from co-workers, stores, and suppliers; and taking prompt action as much as possible.
- CanadaGAP and HACCP Program Reassessments and log required.
- Record verification and CanadaGAP operator verification.
- Pest Control.
- Mock Recalls.
- Maintain QC inspection records.
- Maintain cleaning and sanitation form and perform cleaning inspection at the end of day.
- Train food production employees on CanadaGAP/HACCP.
- Assist with Maintenance program building.
- Assist with CanadaGAP/HACCP system building.
- Be able to take the lead to get the work done.
- Perform other functions as directed by Operations Manager, Logistics.
- Confer with Operations Manager, Logistics to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions.
- Always maintain warehouse and office sanitation. Create a clean and healthy work environment by promoting cleanliness and healthy habits.
- Participate in the weekly warehouse meeting (Management) as well as the monthly staff meetings.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Food Technology Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Food Science.
- Proficient understanding of CanadaGAP, HACCP, and CFIA regulations.
- Organizational ability to maintain a complex and high volume of technical information to update.
- Ability to operate or willingness to learn to operate manual dollies, manual platform lifts, manual and power pallet jacks, lift trucks, and hand tools (hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.), power tools (drills, cutters, etc.), and vehicles (cars, pick-up trucks, vans, etc.) used in warehouse operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for conflict resolution and troubleshooting.
- Precision and quality minded.
- Patient communicator with multiple parties and good follow up skills.
- Knowledge of document management and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Multi-Tasking: Strong ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate priorities. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively deal with ambiguous situations.
- Must have steel-toe boots.
- Self-motivated, being able to work under minimum supervision.
- Communication skills (verbal and written), and critical and creative thinking.
- Ability to stay organized with timelines and achieve goals.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must work in close collaboration with the Procurement team, Warehouse Supervisors and Team Members, Various Vendors and Service Providers.
- May be required to assist and direct Maintenance and Sanitation.
- Occasionally may be required to support other shifts (i.e. cover for vacation).
- This is a combination of office environment (desk/computer work), and warehouse environment (predominantly refrigerated areas but also ducks receiving area).
- The position is continuously exposed to a cold environment, especially when organizing products inside the cooler.
- When performing the duties of this job, the QC Coordinator is regularly required to move around, lift and carry objects, operate foot and hand controls, and may be required to climb ladders.
- The QCC must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70lbs.
- This position requires accurate perceiving of sound, near and far vision, and depth perception.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- Subordinates are supervised in such a manner that employee’s morale and productivity is maintained at the highest level.
- Employee evaluations are given to each employee at least once a year, on their anniversary date.
- Completes directives satisfactorily and within the specified time frame.
- Consistently displays the ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
- Focus and reach warehouse forecasted performance.
- Assignments are completed on time and on budget and up to company standards.
At Greenfield Produce Ltd., we are fun, friendly, and family team oriented. We offer career advancement opportunities, and of course, an employee discount!